Friday 24 February 2012

Paper mobiles

Paper Mobile

I do love my paper mobiles. I have to curb myself and not make to many or the house would be full of them!
This one I got from a book that was bought for my birthdays.
 
 
Again it is relatively easy but fiddly, so patience is needed and as most people who know will tell you I have very little and I got in to quite a muddle at one point and the air turned blue, then purple and back again. The end result is well worth the effort and it looks great.





Right to make this lovely mobile you will need 70 small circles, 70 tiny beads which  will go through a needle, 7 threads on which to thread them and a bangle on which to hang them. I used a normal cotton thread. 
I used a circle punch to punch out the circle as it was so much easier but I suppose if you have the patience of a saint then you could cut them all out yourself. Once you have got all your circles you need to fold then in half then in half again creating a circle in 1/4's like the pictures.
Thread your needle with a colour that complements your colour of circles. With a knot on the end of your thread sew through the middle of the first circle.  Before each circle you now need to knot a bead on  this is what will keep your circles in place. Leave a space between each circle that you thread of equal distance. Keep going this way until you have 10 circles on a thread then 7 threads full of 10 circles each. Now tie you thread to the bangle again leaving equal space between each thread and there you have it your very own, very cool paper circle mobile.

The finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment